Panama Time


Advertisement
Published: February 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This is one of the first travel days that had a relaxed wake up. Our bus left at 10:30am so we had time to get breakfast and stroll leisurely to the bus. It was sweltering hot and a long bus ride was not what we were looking forward to. Matt, Justin, and I had to stand most of the way while Morris managed to find a seat. The ride was about two hours to the border. We jumped off expecting the usual border hassle but to our surprise it started nicely. We checked out of costims in Costa Rica quickly and were off towards the Panama check in. This was where we got the usual rip-off. We couldn't get into the country unless we had proof we were leaving. No paper proof=no entry so they made us buy bus tickets back into Costa Rica for 11usd. Dammit! From there we caught a shuttle to the coast to jump onto a boat. We were finally in Bocas del Toro, a town in a jumble of Carribean islands off the coast of Panama. We docked on one of the island and headed for a hostel. This was going to be interesting as our hostel is party central of the town and sold 50 cent beers 😊. The craziest part of the night however was not the drinking but the people we met. What are the odd of being down in Panama and seeing people, from our own town in Canada of about 35 thousand people, that you actually know? I turned a corner in the hostel and two guys were standing talkin to each other. I did a double take and then said "no way!" Yannick and Garad were standing there. I don't know them terribly well but their parents played baseball with my own so we knew from playing on the sidelines. They also went to the same highschool. Really random meeting them here. The night went really well as Justin, Matt, Morris, and I showed most of the hostel a new drinking game. Very good introduction to Panama. 


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb