Wizard Beach


Advertisement
Published: February 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Alright, up-and-at-em. I rolled out of my bunk and headed downstairs for breakfast. This hostel has a free pancake breakfast so I made myself a huge plate of them and settled down in the common area to eat and wait for the guys. One by one they awoke and we headed into town for some more food. After loading up we jumped into a boat to head to one of the little islands. There are tons around this area, all with massive white beaches. It really looks like picture book material. So our little boat took off with 6 of us aboard heading to Wizard beach. There was some huge swells twice the size of the boat but that didn't purturb our local driver who, with his 200hp motor, launched us over them. We would smash down on the other side of the waves so it made for quite the trip. After about ten minutes we pulled up to an almost deserted beach and jumped off in the shallows. We arranged to be picked up at 5pm before heading down the beach to find a nice spot. Eventually we settled under a palm tree and left all our stuff. Running down the beach we all dove into the warm water to do some body surfing. What an awesome place! After the water we headed to our towels to crack open coconuts. Justin had the best time using a branch as a bat and hammering them open. After filling up on coconut, we wandered down the beach to see it all. To tell the truth, one end looked the same as the other so we again made for the water. Our day consisted if swimming and laying in the shade. This is one of he spectacular parts of Central America. Our boat arrived promptly at 5 and we boarded in the shallows again to head back. Stepping off in Bocas again, we went for showers and dinner. The night went slow for me afterwards as I had a couple of beers with the guys then headed to the dorm. They were still drinking when I left but are probably going to follow shortly. Eventually they wandered in after going out for chicken kabobs.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0624s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb