Nicas, chicas and chicken buses....


Advertisement
Published: May 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

...and I´m alone now, Anne left on the 16th, and made it to NY with all her stuff. I took the bus up to Lage de Nicaragua, and to Isla de Ometepe, an island made out of two great vulkanos, i swimmed in the dirty lake (even though it´s HUGE), but not for long, since it is freshwater SHARKS here, and i´m terrified. And now in Granada, I met Mexine form England again, ( met her in bocas and panama citry as well...) and now i´m gonna go and check out the great city.. it´s very beautiful and colonial´.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

alone...alone...
alone...

the bus dropped me off in the middle of nowhere.. only cows, a dirtroad and the vulcano... great... but i walked down the road and came to a nice place by the lake, la playa venecia..
vulkanovulkano
vulkano

this is the vulkano where they used to throw virgins into the lava as human sacrifice ( offer gifts to the gods...) (remember indiana jones? )
swimming with sharks..swimming with sharks..
swimming with sharks..

that i didn´t see them don´t meen that they weren´t there...
ducks in the roadducks in the road
ducks in the road

they just did´t want to let me pass!! i stood there for like 15 min, before a car came and i ran after if to avoid the pinching!!!
big waves...big waves...
big waves...

ont he boat this morning, (takes about an hour) they wouldn´t let me sit on deck as i did going out there, and with my poor spanish i didn´t understand why... after a while i understood why.. it was alot of waves and heavy sea... and because there are no rails up there i had to sit inside.. and i must admitt that i got a little seasick, but managed to hold it in till i got some fresh air...


22nd May 2006

Hilde da.. er du helt alene?? Huff og nei.. Få deg en venn på veien da.

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb