Hiking and chilling


Advertisement
Published: January 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

It was an early start so we could do the 3km hike not in the mid day sun. It took about 40 mins to drive to the volcanoe bottom. The other side of the Island was a lot carmer than the side we were staying on. The 1st km wasn´t too bad but the heat was picking up, the 2nd km almost killed me and so the 3rd km I walked really slowly. The joy of malaria tablets!!! It took 2 hours to get to the waterfall and as soon as I got there I swam under the waterfall. It was freezing but just what I needed!! The scenary was beautiful and the walk back down was a lot easier!!! Rob fell and cut his hand so it wasn´t without excitement. Thankfully it wasn´t too bad. There were manderins that you could pick and eat on the way down which were refreshing!!

We returned to the hotel, changed into slightly less sweaty clothes to walk up to Al Olo de Agua, on route we saw some monkeys, which was cool. The 25 min walk was hot but the pools were amazingly clear when we got there and hotter than the showers we´d been having for the last few days. Went for a refreshing swim, it was similar temperature to a luke warm bath. It was lovely!!! The weather began to pick up so we walked home and thankfully despite the warnings it didn´t rain on us.

As a group we all stayed in the lobby, chatting and swapping stories of the day. We had an early dinner and then chatted till bed time. Last country tomorrow and a long travel day...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0662s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb