Fantasy Island


Advertisement
Published: January 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Work up feeling awful which is never good on a travel day. Serves me right for those 2 glasses of wine... Went to the smoothy place and Aimee had a lovely breakfast where I went for the safe option of just a drink!! We left Granada at 10, walking 15 mins with our bags to the market to get on the chicken bus. Wasn´t impressed with this!!! Toucan were on the same bus so chatted away to them, saw their photos and videos of zip lines! Looked good. They´d made it to some hot springs that looked good... We get to do that soon!!

After the 90 min chicken bus ride was another short bus trip to the ferry port, an hour on the ferry to Ometepe with awful spanish love rap songs playing and then private transport for an hour to the hotel. The island was a nice break from tourism. You were back to off the beaten track, there was little to do but great to observe the locals and how they live. This is an island with 2 volcanoes on it and not a lot else. Thankfully we checked into our rooms before the heavens opened in a carribean style rain storm. We had a late lunch, looked at the options for the following day and just chilled at the hotel with our books. You could hike up the volcanoes, but in fairness I´m a bit volcanoed out. So decided to do the morning hike just up to the waterfall for the following day and enjoy the relaxing surroundings!!

The hotel used to have 10m of gorgeous white sanded beach on it´s doorsteps but in the last 6 months due to the heavy rain none of this was there anymore. A little worrying. It was an interesting place to see but there was nothing around, no other restaurents so you were limited to what you could do but it was nice to have a break from the long travel days.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0716s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb