Granada


Advertisement
Published: November 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post


Next stop, and still in Nicaragua, was Granada. This colonial town is a delight which a selection of goregous and colourful buildings surrounding a park in the main square. It also seems so quiet compared to other cities. That doesn´t mean there are not plenty of places for a piña colada!

For a first evening we had the most bizarre expereince. A woman, in typical Nicaraguan dress, gave us a city tour. Forstly she seemed to show us parts of the city which wee not really of much interest and then, every now and then, she broke in to song! The nicest buildings in the main plaza were left until it was too dark to really see of photograph. The group started with about 9 people and ended with 3 of us too polite to leave. We did however get a lovely view from a church tower.

Today we went to another volcano. Noticing a theme here! This one was active and no mum my knicker elastic is still fine. They did recommend only a 20 minute visit though becasue of the fumes which were quite harsh. Whilst there we also walked round the top of a dormant
The CathedralThe CathedralThe Cathedral

Of which NOTHING was mentioned on our city tour!
crater, and saw a lagoon in the distance. Lunch was at a viewpoint of aother lagoon. Unortunately I don´t seem to be able to remember any names.

This afternoon we went to a market which was a little touristy but full of local handicrafts which was nice.

The next 2 days are going to be spend travelling but the end result will be Utila in the Bay Islands, Honduras.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



23rd November 2007

Pina Colada
Glad to hear you have time for some coctails! Enjoy the rest of your hols See you soon Susan

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb