Day 4 - Wedding Day


Advertisement
Published: March 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today is the big day. The main reason we all came down for. The wedding of Ana and Arturo. It is here at the hotel so we do not have to travel anywhere and have the whole day to spend relaxing after the past couple of hectic days.

We slept in this morning, but got up in time for the wonderful breakfast buffet of the InterContinental. We then came back to the room and began to pack and get everything ready for leaving the next day.

After a while of getting everything together and relaxing, Vivi went up to be with the bridal party as they got ready for the night. I went off to the pool area and spent the day with the rest of the group that didn't go to Masaya to buy more hammocks.

We have definitely been looking forward to this wedding, especially after hanging out with these people all wee. They have the reception hall booked until 4am so this looks like its going to be one hell of a party.

The week was so much fun. The food has been delicious and this is a very underrated place to travel for food. Additionally, the nature is beautiful and Granada is a beautiful city. Las Isletas was definitely a highlight as was Volcan Mombacho. What made it even more special was being with locals the whole week, who took us to the best places in town.

The ceremony was very nice, except the priest was little much. Character is the nicest way to put it, but we proceeded to the reception hall to get into the air conditioning and begin the festivities. The reception hall was decoratred very nicely and it was open seating so we all headed in to find a table to sit at.

The dinner was buffet style and very good. There was also free flowing drinks all night long. One of the highlights of the reception was a mariachi band leading the way with the bridal party wearing shotgun shell slings with shot glasses and tequila bottles. The tequilla began to flow and the night got crazy from there.

We ended up leaving the reception at around 3:15am, but found out the next day that it was still going at 4:30am.

It was a great wedding and a great week. We're so happy we were able to share this time with Arturo and Ana. And we now have a whole new appreciation for Nicaragua as this is such a beautiful Country with amazing food!

Congrats Arturo and Ana!


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb