Day 5 - Goodbye Nicaragua


Advertisement
Published: March 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we planned on waking up at 8:00am, but ended up snoozing until 8:40am. We then finished packing and headed down to check out and have breakfast. We got on the 9:30 am shuttle to the airport and had a short drive over. We checked in and got to relax and walk around the duty free shops. By the way if you're looking for Flor de Cana, the duty free shop at the airport is a great place to stock up as its about $9/bottle of the 7 year Gran Reserva. They also have lots of good quality Nicaraguan cigars at reasonable prices.

We spent the rest of the morning hanging out in the cafe by our terminal since they had free wifi. A wee without internet and everyone was using their i(insert name of item) to get on the internet and get score updates and other information.

The plane trip back was completely booked, but luckily it was very smooth. On arrival we got off the plane and ran to beat the rest of the people to customs. We then went to the luggage pickup area and waited for a very long time for the bags to come out. We had packed carryon on the way there and had to ship back one of our bags because it had flor de cana and some other stuff that is no longer available to take as carryon in the plane. This just furthered our desire to only take carryon whenever possible to avoid having to stand around and wait for luggage. The bag finally did come out and we picked it up and headed home.

We had an amazing trip and were sad to leave Nicaragua behind and get back to reality. The Country is very beautiful with amazing food and drinks. Lots of places to see and lots of things to do. Las Isletas is a very relaxing spot with great vistas and the people are very friendly. We had such a great time!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb