Laguna de Apoyo


Advertisement
Published: February 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

One of the local attractions close to Granada was Laguna de Apoyo, which is an extinct volcano crater which has filled with water over the years. This place was beautiful and we stayed at craters edge Hostel (www.craters-edge.com) check the website out. It was such a carm and relaxing place and right on the waters edge so you could swim, kayak, sun bath on the floating dock or just sit back and relax in the hammocks or swinging chairs. We spent hours just lounging around and chilling out. In the evening we would spend our time chatting to other travellers or reading in the hammocks with the breeze from the lake swinging you back and forth. The best thing about the night was the food. We would all sit down around a large table and eat the same meal, just like a family. The portions were huge and the food was gorgeous. We even dragged ourselves out of bed in the morning to watch the sunrise. This is a novelty, getting up before 6 is not something we do to often, but it was worthwhile and it's not if we were doing to much in the afternoon, so plenty of time to catch up on our sleep! We didn’t want to leave but they got booked up so we had to move on. Another great place to hopefully go back to.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Kid looking for the nearest lamp post!Kid looking for the nearest lamp post!
Kid looking for the nearest lamp post!

Just like the kids of Salford an old tire can bring lots of fun!


Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 96; dbt: 0.0798s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb