A4 Travel Blog#1


Advertisement
Jamaica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Jamaica
September 12th 2013
Published: September 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/18/world/americas/jamaica-fights-to-break-grip-of-violent-past.html?ref=jamaica&_r=0

In the article it talks about the government of Jamaica working with the United States to fight the war on drugs in Jamaica. The United States has provided Jamaica with 203 million dollars to train their police for more advanced situations such as dealing with drug lords or gangs. The current prime minister or president of Jamaica is Portia Simpson-Miller and she has helped out Jamaica in many ways. Jamaica has events and block parties to bring the gangs together to play soccer and have fun and get along. Jamaica has captured the main drug lord and have stopped the end to all war on drugs thanks to the help by the United States.

In Jamaica they don't have a president they have what is known as a prime minister and she is a female her name is Portia Simpson-Miller. The country of Jamaica hasn't had any type of murders in the past three years due to them stopping and capturing the main drug lord of Jamaica. They hold block parties and events to bring everybody together and for the gangs to get along and have fun. Jamaica is and independent country and have worked very closely with the United Stated who has provided them with a lot.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb