Julian Rosado B4


Advertisement
Jamaica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Jamaica » Kingston
September 27th 2013
Published: September 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

What are the popular art forms of Jamaica? How do artists express themselves here?

http://www.petrinearcher.com/

In the article it states that there are many forms of expressing art forms in Jamaica but not many make a lot of money out of making art for the market of art in Jamaica is low. The way that artists express themselves here is that they draw and express the hardships they grow through and get through by living on this island. Although it is great art and very nice to look at the pricing of the art created there is no more than 90 dollars where as the united states it costs way more. People show the struggles they go through on a daily basis through their art and want people to know what it is they have struggled to get through their entire life.

In my opinion I think that the art being expressed and show by the Jamaican people is great and wonderful to see but is very underpriced for the beauty of it. In Jamaica the prices for art are very underpriced where as here in the united states the prices are very expensive even for a blob that is called abstract art. People don't understand that the art the people of Jamaica is showing is struggling and showing people the everyday struggles for these people. I like the art from here I think it has a lot of messages trying to be portrayed through many things and objects being presented in the painting.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb