B2 Travel Blog #1


Advertisement
Jamaica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Jamaica
September 10th 2013
Published: September 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: What is the current political structure/ government in this country/region? Who has power, and how do those in power interact with their people?

http://www.jis.gov.jm/pdf/GovernmentOfJamaica.pdf

The country of Jamaica has lots of history. It was a country based on the ruling of a king and queen. Even though the country of Jamaica had a government the ruler was the queen of Jamaica. However, now its an independent nation that consist of the same government type as the United States. The country of Jamaica has gotten its independence from the King and Queen about 50 years ago. This is now a self independent country who has the right to do what they believe.

The political structure of this county is democratic. Jamaica got its independence on August 6, 1962. Jamaica was a country who was had a government, but was ruled through their Queen. However, now Jamaica has the freedom to do their beliefs. The government that they now have is Democratic, however; they still fall in a government thats consist of a queen that ruled as well as the democratic government.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb