Yeah mon!


Advertisement
Jamaica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Jamaica » Kingston
November 12th 2005
Published: November 13th 2005
Edit Blog Post

A joint effort by Nancy and Meg to add some more pictures for your viewing entertainment. It's a random collection of pictures, actually, but they offer a pretty good glimpse into Jamaican life - poverty and beauty all wrapped into one.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Sunset Over the Blue MountainsSunset Over the Blue Mountains
Sunset Over the Blue Mountains

Sadly, the only place from our house where we can see the sunset is the second floor office, but the view is breathtaking, nonetheless.
Sunset Over KingstonSunset Over Kingston
Sunset Over Kingston

Nancy and I drove up into the mountains above our house and were able to see all of Kingston spread out before us. Immediately before dusk, we were able to see all the way to Kingston harbour.
Mesh TanktopMesh Tanktop
Mesh Tanktop

Remember how we wrote about the fashion faux pas of Jamaica - the mesh tanktop? Well, this man was kind enough to let me take his picture - before asking to marry me. Classic Jamaican with a classic response.
"Lemonade? Water?""Lemonade? Water?"
"Lemonade? Water?"

Don't feel like getting out of your car to purchase a drink from the Pepsi machine? No problem, mon! Nice men and women sell everything from lemonade and socks to crucifixes, june plums, and perfume on the side of the road. They'll even wash your windshield for you...whether it's dirty or not!!
Meg & Nancy With LarryMeg & Nancy With Larry
Meg & Nancy With Larry

Nancy & Meg on either side of Archbishop Lawrence Burke, aka - Larry. See blog entry about "smarty panties" for more information.
Meg & Nancy With The EdgeMeg & Nancy With The Edge
Meg & Nancy With The Edge

Nancy & Meg on either side of Archbishop Emeritus, Edgerton Clarke, aka - The Edge. See blog entry about "smarty panties" for more information.
Harware & Fish For Sale?Harware & Fish For Sale?
Harware & Fish For Sale?

If you think the color of the building is nice, imagine the fact that it sells hardware out of the door on the right side and "fresh" fish out of the door on the left. Mmmmmmm...nails and fish heads....
Our Havendale CommunityOur Havendale Community
Our Havendale Community

Front row: Meg and Sophia Back row: Lupe, Paola, and Nancy
Roadside Sleeping StandRoadside Sleeping Stand
Roadside Sleeping Stand

There's a Rastafarian man who sleeps at the corner of our road. He has a nice little setup, complete with buckets to prop his bed off the ground, a makeshift matress made of torn-out car seats, a bag of clothing, some Red Stripe, and a tarp for when it rains.


Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0293s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb