3 Countries & 3 Border crossings!


Advertisement
Honduras' flag
Central America Caribbean » Honduras
September 21st 2006
Published: September 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The last few days have been all go.....Left Rio Dulce and caught a mini bus near to the border....which we thought was going to the border, then caught another bus to the border.....crossed over the Guatemalian Border to Hounduras with out any problems and caught ANOTHER bus to San Pedro Sula....we didnt arrive to a bus station, basically just thrown out on the side of the road in a busy city....we were LOST to say the least...you had to laugh though, caught a taxi to one of the bus stations as we were hoping to get out to SPS as fast as we could, wrong station so needed a bank machine to pay the taxi and couldnt find one that worked, in the end we decided to get a hotel that was recommended in the LP....San Jose.... Bates motel..... it was like an assylum seekers prison....and it was too dangerous to go looking for something else...so we booked in only to realise that it was near enough to a brothel!!! Got some info on the bus situation on how to get out to SPS only to discover that the bus leaves on Tuesday so we had to spend 2 nights in this kip....

Didn't move from the place for the night, had furniture and rucksaks up against the door all night.... went shopping the next day and it seemed alot better...of course...nothing like a bit of retail therapy! But the guy in the hotel said not to leave the hotel after nine and to be back before then aswell....

Tuesday came and we were at the station at 5am for the bus at 6am and off we went, 12 hrs and across the border to Nicaragua to Managua and had to stay over night...this place on first impressions was worse...Im sure there are places that are nice and I have heard that Nicaragua is beautiful but we didnt stay long enough to find out...just passing through....the hostel was around the corner for the Tica bus and we had to be escorted to the Bank machine...for a fee of course....5am the bus left Managua and another border crossing into Costa Rica...Painful, time consuming and expensive.... Maybe we should have checked out the flights but to be honest it didnt even enter my head....will remember this when in South America!!

Arrived in Costa Rica (San Jose) and stayed in Backpackers really nice place, friendly, hot showers, pool, free internet with 8 Pc's.... Thier motto was ...

THE WORLD IS A BOOK AND THOSE WHO DO NOT TRAVEL READ ONLY ONE PAGE




Met up with an Isreali guy that is going the same direction as us so the plan is to get a bus tomorrow to Porto Veijo on the Carribean for a few days....

The last few days have not been very nice, constantly travelling and I wouldn´t recommend it, in hindsight take a flight and save time and energy!!




Advertisement



26th September 2006

That all sounds like a true barrel of laughs. Nicaragua is really cool, pity you didnt get to enjoy it, and that area around the TICA bus in Managua is one of the dodgiest holes i'ver ever been to. Keep up the blog, its cool to follow you travels....
27th September 2006

tx 4 update
wow, sounds a bit dodgy here and there! be careful at all times girls! i lived in Africa so i know what it can be like. otherwise have a great craic. onwards and upwards!
27th September 2006

holy shit!!!!!
hi bridge, cant belive all has happened to yous,it sounds like a mad place at least you have left that place safe! The weather has been crap here so at least its nice and warm, seen all your pictures of pyramids it looks fab and the hot springs are a dream you will have lots of beautiful memories!!! Any sign of love?????? Talk soon, love Charlotte

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0228s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb