Day 6: Not so bad...


Advertisement
Published: August 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I'd like to say this whole shitty buisness is over (knock on wood) but we'll see for sure once I come off the meds. Those end tomorrow morning.

Today hung around the house some more. Jills and I went out to get a new water jug from the corner store. I wore long sleeves, sunscreen and a hat... lol.

Our spanish was definately a little rusty. We got a big jug though and also two cokes in glass bottles. The guy was saying something to us in Spanish. We told him we didn't understand and he got out the plastic bottles. We didn't know what he was saying so we said that no, we'd like the glass bottles. He then opened them and poored them into a plastic bag (kind of like a sandwich bag) with a straw. We thought it was the funniest thing. We had seen kids earlier in the week with something like it so it made sense but we still found it amusing. I carried our bags of coke home while Jills carried the jug of water.

We got home, drank our cokes, made and ate dinner, and played more cards. Kind of another un-eventful day but now that my meds are almost done, I'm feeling better, and a new staff member arrives tomorrow, we're bound to have some more exciting days to come.

Advertisement



7th August 2006

Hahaha. You and Jills got bags of coke... Sorry, but someone was bound to say it.... :P Sooo glad you're feeling better!
9th August 2006

Were they like those weird chocolate milk bags they gave the kids at Creidt Valley on pizza days?
9th August 2006

No... they were more like a milk bag with the top cut off, thinner plastic (like a sandwich bag), and open at the top with a straw stuck in lol

Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0279s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb