Day 7


Advertisement
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

RuinsRuinsRuins

View of the Ruins from up on one of the temples.
This morning we went to the Mayan ruins of Copan. It was neat. It made me sad to see all of the Idols and the false god worship that had shaped this society. I guess society is similar even today, but our idols look different. After we finished our tour we went for lunch in town (yeah we finally got to pick our own meals. Most of us picked hamburgers or something else American!) Then we spent a little time shopping and began the journey back to San Pedro. There we got the opportunity to look at the land for Louisa. It was less desirable to us that we had hoped. The land is very steep and hard to get to even in a truck. Louisa is going blind, so this may not be the best option for her. We will pray for guidance from God as to how to help her with housing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Our teamOur team
Our team

Our team at the ruins. What a nice looking bunch!!! :)
Good griefGood grief
Good grief

The Farkle addiction rears its ugly head once again!
Lucky dog!Lucky dog!
Lucky dog!

The stone in the front is a turtle. The Mayans had their own version of soccer. Apparently, the captain of the winning soccer team would have the honor of being decapitated as an offering to the gods. I don't get it. I'm just glad I serve the God that I do.
MacawsMacaws
Macaws

The Macaws here are the state bird of Copan. The colors are brilliant. God is such a wonderful, loving artist!
The landThe land
The land

The hillside where we looked at the land for Louisa was beautiful even if it was impractical.


Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0254s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb