Taking on Honduras by Storm!


Advertisement
Published: August 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post


Hola amigos!

First time to Central America. No speak Spanish. Two African American women willing to go outside of the box to explore a place called Honduras for two weeks! Excitement, tension and nervousness all run through our minds as we wonder what will become of our upcoming adventure.

Stay tuned as the events of our travels unfold!

My mother and I have finally arrived in San Pedro, Honduras tonight after a long day of traveling, including a 5 hour layover in San Salvador, El Salvador! We took Taca Airlines and everyone seemed very pleasant and friendly! Eventhough we ended up not being able to sit together, we both got Exit Row seats, not bad!

We both immediately befriended the gentlemen sitting next to us on the plane from Washington D.C to El Salvador. One was returning to El Salvador while the other was continuing to Nicaragua! After nice conversations we said our goodbyes and wished each other well.

After sleeping, chatting, reading and walking around at the San Salvador airport we decided to go ahead and have some dinner. It turned out to be a nice choice. Once again the people were friendly and the food was good!

Fast forward to our arrival in San Pedro. Our tour guide met us at the airport and took us to our hotel; La Posada B&B. We booked a clean room equipped with two double beds, private bath with hot water, A/C (very important for San Pedro's unforgiving heat), and basic tv for roughly 45 dollars per night. I would recommend this place if you are looking for something simple, yet clean with A/C and hot water!

Tomorrow, we must wake up early for our tour of Cusco National Park! One that note I'm going to hit the sack.

See ya soon.

Ciao

Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0923s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb