Day 77 - The Bay Islands


Advertisement
Honduras' flag
Central America Caribbean » Honduras » Northern » La Ceiba
September 17th 2006
Published: September 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post


The quick ferry crossing (1 and a half hours) to the island was great, getting to see the island coming closer and seeing the mountains of the mainland behind us.

Once arrived we had to walk through a corridor of people who were handing out leaflets about their respective diving shops. We headed to the nearest café to get a drink, get our bearings and go through the flyers - the humidity had really kicked in and was making every task take twice as long as it should.

Ed and Matt (an Englishman travelling out here after volunteering for 3 months, who travelled from Dangriga with us) went off in search of accommodation and diving opportunities. Gemma watched the bags with another strawberry milkshake.

We opted to go with Bay Islands College of Diving, clearly the best place on the island, and this led us to our $10 a night accommodation. Utila is basically nothing but diving, and apparently is the cheapest place in the world to learn to dive. We are signed up to do our Advanced Open Water dive course over the next four days.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.32s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 23; qc: 99; dbt: 0.1367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb