Day 78 - Let's hope we can remember how to dive


Advertisement
Honduras' flag
Central America Caribbean » Honduras » Bay Islands » Utila
September 18th 2006
Published: September 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post


Our day was planned with a quick refresher course for an hour or so, and then a shallow dive where the instructor checked we knew what we were doing. Then a normal dive swimming around looking at the fish. And finally the highlight of the day, a night dive.

Thankfully it all came back to us pretty quickly and we had a great time. The best bit was the night dive which was quite an experience. A bit of apprehension beforehand was replaced by relief once we realised that visibility is actually pretty good underwater with a torch. The hardest bit was getting out because the swell was throwing the ladder at the back of the dive boat all over the place. But we survived it; 1 down, 4 to go to finish the course.

Everything else is pretty good here on Utila. It's much more budget-oriented than the more famous island next door, Roatan, but the prices make it attractive. We're paying GBP2.50 each for our room at Seaside Inn. It only has a cold water pipe sticking out the wall for a shower, but it's so hot and humid that's all we want anyway. And if it gets unbearable we can always move to an identical room with air-con for GBP12.50 each (electricity is expensive on the island).


Advertisement



Tot: 0.232s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 19; qc: 108; dbt: 0.1126s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb