Rio Cangrejal


Advertisement
Published: April 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today we said goodbye to Roatan and took the ferry from the island over to La Ceiba. From there we took a dirt road up to Omega Jungle Lodge to do some rafting on the Cangrejal River. The water level is quite variable on the river, and it was a little low when we were there, but luckily we could still go rafting. The river was very pretty, clear and a nice temperature for swimming. The lodge consisted of several open-air and screened-in buildings, nicely landscaped, set in the jungle. It was very laid back, with a fridge of drinks and beer that you could help yourself to and a kitchen that served good and reasonably-priced food (nice, since they pretty much have you trapped there, and could charge whatever they want). We stayed in the guest house at the lodge (there were 4 private rooms off a common room with a shared bathroom). There was a fresh water pool fed by a creek that runs through the property and lots of hammocks to relax in. We met a very nice Norweigan couple there who gave us some tips about Copan.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.1287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb