Surprise Drinks


Advertisement
Honduras' flag
Central America Caribbean » Honduras » Central » Tegucigalpa
September 9th 2006
Published: September 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

La Gota de LimonLa Gota de LimonLa Gota de Limon

Our latest discovery in nightlife. L to R: Darwin (DJ), Jenna, Sarah, and the bartender between karaoke songs.
After a long day of ponponara practice, Sarah and I headed for home and promptly passed out for a few hours. We almost didn't get up Saturday night and once we did, we really had no ambition to go out. Being the troopers that we are however, we prettied ourselves up for a night of dancing and went out to explore a new bar we had heard about from some friends.

What we discovered that night:
(11pm-2am)
1. It is easy to make an ass out of yourself by wandering around the first floor of a building when the bar is on the second floor.
2. The security people will notice your confused expressions and lead you upstairs.
3. When you ask the bartender to surprise you with a mixed drink, it will be cheap and contain loads of alcohol.
4. The people that you met last weekend from the U.S. army base are excellent at making asses out of themselves by falling off chairs, dancing by themselves on the dance floor, and speaking horrible spanish.
5. You will be thrilled when two women offer to teach you how to dance punta.
6. You will later find out that they
Singing His Heart OutSinging His Heart OutSinging His Heart Out

Darwin singing "si no te hubieras ido" by marco antonio solis. I picked out most of the songs for people to sing but spared people from having to listen to me singing.
were lesbians.
7. When you are dancing on the dance floor and someone askes you to dance, telling them "I can't dance" is not the best way to let them down easy.
8. Bar close means everybody out unless you are a white girl and you would like to stay.
(2am-5am)
9. The best way to pass three hours is to sing karaoke.
10. You can sing in English or Spanish. The more you drink, the easier things are to pronounce.
11. When you are bored of singing karaoke, you can beg Sarah to sing Italian opera music and she will do it and do it well.
12. Romantic ballads sound better in Spanish.
13. Limit yourself on free drinks.
(5am-7am)
14. V.I.P. lounge air conditioning rocks.
15. As does dozing on the squishy red couches.
16. Seemingly important conversations will take place during this time, but will be forgotten by the next day.
(7am-9am)
17. Not only will you get free drinks if you stay late, but you will get taken to breakfast poolside.
18. The food will not necessarily be extraordinary but does wonders to soak up excess alcohol.
19. Once again seemingly important conversations will ensue but
Surprise DrinksSurprise DrinksSurprise Drinks

Sarah and I after a few of them.
will not be remembered.
20. Although the irrelevant conversations may fade, the memory of this night probably will not.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The Morning AfterThe Morning After
The Morning After

Sarah by the fountain at the bar at around 7am in the morning.


20th September 2006

Totally stealing this list and adding it to my already posted entry on my blog. I love it. It was definately a night to remember... best one in Honduras so far.

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0578s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb