RIHLA #27


Advertisement
Published: May 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

RIHLA #27







1. This event had taken place in Minnesota.




2. The people involved in this story was Clarence Allen Rice who started off in Iowa working for a leasing company, but then in the year 2011 he was sentenced to 6 years in prison in Minnesota. Also his wife Christine was involved in the case of her husband being sent to prison. Clarence Allen Rice was sent to prison because when many markets went south, the leases plunged (fell suddenly) into their original state and Rice was turned to fraud by the jury.




3. The rights being violated here are worker's rights, universal rights, equality, no unfair detainment were all violated when Rice was sent to prison for 6 years in Minnesota. He died in the prison due to having bile duct cancer for 4 decades.




4. My thoughts on this issue were that many of his rights were violated based on how he didn't receive proper medical care. If he had received the proper care his chances of dying of cancer would have reduced. I think not enough was done based on how the prison facilities that Rice was in did not assist to his needs. During his time in prison he just continued to get even worse with the sickness he had developed. Other solutions I would recommend would be providing prisoners with the proper/appropiate medical care and the right to seek assistance when they are unable to do anything that requires them doing any form of movement.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb