RIHLA #26


Advertisement
Published: May 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

RIHLA #26







1) This topic is about how workers in Bangladesh were successful in being able to attain their union rights, and also minimum wage was raised as well for the garment workers. This event led to many individuals losing their lives, although many people had fought to the finish and recieved what they truly wanted the most. During this time many people had lost their lives as a result of the many buildings that had collapsed and the fires that had occurred. The buildings that had collapsed to the very ground were not built to support such heavy equipment. They worked differently, but as soon as the idea of installing heavy equipment,this brought nothing but danger to employers.







2. Humans rights were violated here based on how many people had lost their lives based on how there was no protection for them. Also there had been no advise as to if the buildings they were working in were safe or not. If this had been known before the lives of many young civilians would still be alive. Although they did come to an agreement which allowed them to have rights they were unaware of the impact it have on them and those around them.







3. I believe that in this situation there should have been a meeting if giving these workers these rights is the best choice to make. They have to be sure , if this decision they are deciding to make will not harm those around them. They have to make sure whatever happens in the end is the best choice that involves no one getting involved in any form of harm.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb