Rest day!!!!!!!!!!


Advertisement
Published: January 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So after not having air con and a slightly hot room we got up and wandered to Munchies for breakfast. Finally got my bowl of cereal and milk (weird the things you crave) before meeting up with Amy and Heather to go to the public beach.

Walked about 25 mins to get to the public beach. Hayley and Kate were already there. Within 2 mins of sitting down I{d been bitten 7 times so went straight into the rather dodgy looking water - it has a film of oily sllime on it. Later was informed this was algae. I still think it was rubbish. There is no waste management on the island, so rubbish is just chucked anywhere, next to a nice house will be a plot of literal crap. Rather sad really. Also Guatamala's waste they throw out ends up on the Bay of Islands beaches.

From the walk down if you are having a mid life crisis this is the island to move to, set up a restaurent/dive/snorkelling place and stay. A lot of Brits, Americans and Germans. One transexual... But not sure where he/she is from!!

After realising why that beach was free, Aimee, Heather and I wandered up to the private beach... This had no sand flies, not great for swimming and wooden chairs to sit on. We chilled out here for a bit, the water here was nicer. We'd seen a man on a bike with a parrot on his shoulder earlier and he was walking on the beach with another parrot, so Heather and I got our own pirate photos with it!!! So easy to entertain!! Saw a starfish as well. Was almost a productive morning!!

We headed back to pick up Carol and Amy to go for lunch and I got some scones and jam from the GB bakery (next to Bush's supermarket!) and everone else when for pies!! As we're the original 5 from the 1st trip we went to the Iguana sanctury as Vicky had recommended it as she'd been on this part of the tour 4 years earlier. It is a volunteer place and was interesting to see. People still eat iguanas here so they are trying to educate people not to and not to buy them either. Glad we went and saw it.

Got ready for a BBQ at Dave's and the whole group went down. The portions were huge and the food actually came out almost quickly!!! Headed off to the Treetanic Bar afterwards for 1 to see the mosaics there. The whole bar is one big mosaic, it took 13 years to do. Was really inpressive.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0168s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb