Island of the bitey insects


Advertisement
Published: January 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So left the hotel at 6 to get the 6.20 bus. The 1st of 4 transportations we would be enjoying this day. In fairness apart from almost cooking myself in the bus with no open windows, it was comfortable and I did have leg room... I woke up and there were people sitting in the aisle on little stools. They really do know how to make the most out of the space. After 3 1/2 hours we changed buses onto a less spacious one, but at least this one had ventilation!! We were on this for another 3 1/2 hours before getting a taxi to the ferry. The ferry wasn{t working so got this really dodgy vibrating boat that took 1 hour longer than the ferry and 95% of the boat were white or green when they got off of it. Poor Aims isn't doing too well on the sea sick front.

After what seemed like forever we reached Utila (the ferry crossing to the bigger island Roatan is meant to be less painful!!) we walked down to Rubi's inn, which supposedly offered us views of the ocean and air con... And same day laundry... All slightly incorrect statements!! But we did hav a hammock outside our room.

We settled in, had a cold shower and then headed out to Cafe Mariposa as a group after seeing the snorkelling/diving guys. This restaurent had only been open for 2 days and did do a really good chocolate brownie. Heather was in heaven!!!

After the long travel day everyone was exhausted and most retired early. A few made it to table top bar, but not for long!

Thankfully here for 2 full days before 2 hellish days of travel...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb