Rihla 19


Advertisement
Published: February 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post


• What are some of the reasons that books are banned in high schools?



Some of the books are banned because of the sexual content it has and that really turns parents off. The second reasondis the graphic material in the books. Third would be the way it made one child feel or react after reading the book.


• Do you agree with any of these reasons? Explain.



No, you can let one bad apple mess up the whole bunch, so I am against them banning books. When they ban books they cut off thchildren's minds and don't let them grow any more.


• What reasons do you NOT agree with (this means that you think high school students SHOULD be able to read about these topics). Why?



When it comes to sexual matters they should be able to read that stuff because they aremature and must understand what is going on inside themselves. To take that outlet away from them can cause bigger problems like spreading disease and pregnancy.


• Who do you think pressures teachers on what they should or shouldn't teach?



The school board and the parents pressure the teachers which is wrong to do.


• If one wanted to fight against book censorship, explain at least one way in which they could do so.



They can go out and read thenooks any way. They could go out and protest. They can refuse to read the books that are replacing the banned ones, so there are a lot of things they can do.


• Any other additional thoughts or comments?



Banning books is againste our constitutional right to freedom of what ever we want to do.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0629s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb