Leaving on a Jet Plane


Advertisement
Guatemala's flag
Central America Caribbean » Guatemala
December 20th 2014
Published: December 21st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Our travel day finally arrived. After months of planning and days (OK, maybe weeks) of packing we actually loaded up and headed to the airport. For the weekend before Christmas things couldn't have gone any more smoothly. We sailed right through everything, even being selected for prescreening meaning we didn't have to take our shoes or jackets off or anything. Well, with the exception of Chrissy, who had to go through regular security, but she came through just as quickly as us saying she didn't mind a bit because the guy on security detail was really cute! Both flights were right on time, quite unlike our June flight that was actually cancelled. In Atlanta we got to meet Dulia, a super precious girl from Guatemala and Hope of Life, and she is traveling with us the rest of the way. She is rooming with Chrissy and I tonight at the Barcelo hotel in Guatemala City before we head on to Hope of life in the morning. It was a comfort and treat to have Raul meet us at the airport and get us safely to put shuttle. God has definitely protected us with smooth and safe travels today!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb