You Don't Know What You're Missing


Advertisement
Guatemala's flag
Central America Caribbean » Guatemala
October 27th 2011
Published: October 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The Rio Dulce is going through the changes. After a trip upriver I have discovered the hidden wonders of the community developing on the river. The Roundhouse is a backpackers hostel that is a great place to stay. It has a dormitory and a series of private bedrooms. The pool is great for volleyball and the bar restaurant is welcoming and serves delicious meals.

Up river the new management in Texan Bay is developing a whole new atmosphere. Beautiful wooden chairs and tables replaced the aged plastic ones and I was invited to taste their homemade ice cream. Keep this one a secret. You cannot find a better taste treat anywhere. Congo drums have mysteriously appeared and blues harps slipped out of the pockets and before you knew it the house was rocking.

This is a secret that will not be kept for long for those who enjoy the people on the river. This is bayou country and a pig roast is planned for Halloween. believe me 'people on the river are happy to give.' This is a river with heart and soul. If you have the beat and roots in the delta. This river is the place for you.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0319s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb