Guatemala City


Advertisement
Guatemala's flag
Central America Caribbean » Guatemala
December 5th 2005
Published: January 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Frida KFrida KFrida K

Back at Frida´s
OK, Travelblog-pc stuff. i'm still not sure if a blog is a book or more like a play for the stage, or more a comic book, but hopefully, I can pull this travel-thing off. I see it as a writing challenge. And I do like to write. How do I know I like to write?

I do it all the time.

If its not case notes it's a book. If its not a poem its a play. If its not an article its a website. Writing is like water. Nothing to do but accept it and go with its flow.

OK, Guatemala City is the largest city in Guatemala. Diego tells "James" that Guatemala City is ranked number one in the world by the BBC as world heritage tourist destinations. This was once the land of the Maya. Here is the world of the mysterious Mayan Calander and point of view of these interesting times.

Do not yet know what I am doing here in Guatemala. Not really. I do know what my purpose is...wherever I am.

What can I do here: I can be, what to me, is a good guest.

James went walking
On the LakeOn the LakeOn the Lake

Navagation
last night, avoided the night clubs only because of the feeling radiating out from them...pursuit of pleasure is it really pursuit of pleasure or more of the same. On the other hand, was quiet, in a place of presence, then a feeling to turn left, as if a feeling that took on words,¨¨turn left¨¨so James took a left turn and ahead at the end of a street that most would ignore, the warmth of a place called Frida´s....inspired of course by the Mexican Artist who said she paints self portraits because she is the person she knows best.

Lovely service...gentle men...dreamy tacos the size of silver dollars...smoky salsas and on all in powder

A family business set up a party for the city to save the lake. the lake was so polluted with algae and garbage that it could not be entered. Then people would be arrested if they threw trash into it.


Lake Amatitlan is not a popular tourist destination, actually, this is not one at all. This is one of the two principle lakes in Guatemala. There are 3 volcanos around this lake, one fo them active. ´The smoke slips out like clouds.
Rock ONRock ONRock ON

Rock n H2O

A band was featured...and kids and G Ravers jumped in the lake to dance. They splashed water and swam and sang the joy of life

Security was cool about it

Off to Antigua tomorrow. The home of our hosts dad and Cecilia.

Thank you, brothers and sisters, for letting my consiousness be in this place with yours

(more later)

ps it´s great not to get yelled at


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

At the PartyAt the Party
At the Party

Among the People


Tot: 0.194s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0992s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb