Antigua and Lake Atitlan


Advertisement
Published: September 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

hello there,

a lot has happoened since i last wrote. i have finished my language course in antigua that went ok, but i still lack the ability to hold conversation but i am getting through. antigua truly was amazing with beautiful cobbled streets. the family i was staying with were very nice as were the other students there. Ixchel spanish school was also very good and good value for money, one on one tuition and some really good people around. I went on a trip to climb the volcanoe pacaya, hard climb but soso worth it. although it rained the whole way up the views were amazing and the lava was so hot!

got to lake atitlan on saturday afternoon and spent the day in the nature reserve looking for monkeys - didnt find any unfortunately, but did walk through a waterfalla nd over rope bridges which was amazing. i was with 4 other students form the language schoola nd we all went on a boat trip round the lake on sunday seeing many places and buying some amazing things from the market. unfortunately i dropped my camera and although it works it is far from perfect but itll have to do.

i am currently in san marcos on the lake. it is so peaceful, apparently it has special spiritual powers. although i had a bad night last night i have now checked into las piramides meditation cnetre into a wellc ool pyramid room facing the 4 cardinal points! i have meditation and yoga today and tomorrow and will either stay another night or head onto santa cruz to a hostel recomended to me by karen.

anyway, enough for now, hope everyone at home is fine

John x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb