catch up


Advertisement
Published: November 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

by popular demand i am finally updating my travelblog! it really has been ages since i last wrote. i am now in san jose which is my fourth country so far. i last wrote in guatemala so this should hopefully update everyone on honduras, nicaragua and costa rica so far!

from lake atitlan in guatemala i went across the boarder top honduras and the copan ruinas. these were quite simply amazing with some absolutely awsum carvings and stories. from here i travelled to utilla where i spent two weeks scuba diving in the warm carribean sea. i completeed my rescue diver copurse before the weather turned bad. at this point i thought it was time to leave and hastily made my way to pulphanzak waterfalls. here i experienced chicken busses for the first time, and loved it the locals were so friendly içeven if my spanish was ratehr limited. the waterfal was also amazing and i payed to be taken behinfçd the falls where ic ould see the waterfall in action and finally use those hours of geography lessons! i went onwards to nicaragua via teguce and hours of tedious chicken busses!

nicaragua is the poorest of the countries that makje up central amaerica. i went straight to granada where this was less apparent. it is a beaiutiful colonial town but unfortunately being in rainy season i got wet whenever i went outside. although we did have a good time next to lake yajoa. i joined up and travelled with a guy called sam to ometepe. where i tried to climb a volcvanoe but failed miserably as we had done a 25km bike ride in 30degrees c heat the day before. needless to say i was also sunburned! we continued via a 10 hour ferry crossing and a small boat to the copsta rican boparder seeing loads of howler monkeys enruite.

costa rica will be a later entry buit to date i have experienced the most active volcanoe in central america - arenal. and wañled in cloud forests as well as zip wired through the canopy in monterverde and recently experienced costa ricas mini amazon at tortuguera where i saw nesting turtles, crocodiles, kaymans and many wonderful birds. costa rica is expensive but it truly offers amazing wildlife. going to do a whistle stop tour before saving money in ecuador - not forgetting the galapgos!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb