Markets - Shopping time!!!


Advertisement
Published: January 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Was ready for 8 and Josh was waiting for us!! This is a good start :-)

Got private transport to Panajachel, via Chichicastenango market. We got there just after 10 and had 4 hours to go shopping mad. Wish I could speak or even understand Spanish now!!! The markets were colourful, thankfully a little quiet as in was new years day, but it was good fun to wander around, tring to barter with the stall owners and just watching Heather in action really!! You could get jewellary, pashminas, tons of stuff. The sad thing was the kids trying to sell you tat, there was one that was no more that 7 with a baby on her back. Not good of the parents sending them out...

By 2 we were really shopped out so got back on the bus to the lake. Driving through Panajachel we had had a good day so far, drove through more stalls to get to our rather pretty hotel. Had a few hours to wander into town, we got walked in by Josh, shown were dinner was, shown the ATMs and the internet... I´m liking this!! Had a lovely hot shower before going out to dinner, Josh organised separate bills before we´d even sat down... Had live music at the restaurant - sunset cafe. Was a nice setting and really like the lake. The views are amazing of the volcanoes.

At dinner got told about the best things to do the next day and almost all of us opted for the boat tour, to which Josh would be joining us... After out new years celebrations we were all rather lame and left Claudia and Josh drinking at we went to bed nice and early!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb