New Years Eve!!!!


Advertisement
Published: January 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Long travel day again to Antigua. We were meant to be meeting at 9.30 to get the water taxi over to get the bus for 10. This time we were prepared and knocked for Michael after he was 10 minutes late... Thankfully we are on private transport but still we shouldn´t be waiting for the guide.

Drove through Guatamala City. They have got awesome buses over here. Photo will follow I promise! Glad we are not staying here as looked a little scary compared to everywhere else we´ve seen. The country is really green, mountainous and very beautiful.

Got into Antigua at 4, got settled in at the hotel (nice place!) before going on a bank hunt. We´re about a 10 min walk from the central park. The town is cobbled, lovely on the eye, bit painful on the feet. Michael had booked us into a Korean place for dinner. Meant to be ok - has sushi so I´m not going to complain.

Chester went to see Michael (on behalf of a few of us) and as of tomorrow we have a new guide called Josh. He´s very into his Mayan clothes but from the brief meeting he seems nice. Heather, Amy, Aimme, Chester, Claudia, Laura, Loius and I went out to the Korean restaurent. We bumped into a few people there who recommended a few things to us.

This was the most random meal/night I´ve had. Had a lovely dinner, and then they got out the Kareoke machine and Heather was on fire, my girl followed by unchained melody. Videos going to go somewhere!!! It was trueñy random, we were sober but really funny!! We went on to a salsa bar recommended to us Cafe la escudilla for girly drinks - mojitos again - Vicky´s favourite drink.

We stayed here till just before midnight, Heather salsa danced with one of the guys we´d met in the Korean House restaurant - she looked great. We went to the central park square at midnight and watched fireworks for over 40 mins. THEY WERE GREAT!!! Health and safety in England would have gone mad!! Little kids lighting fireworks, firing crackers at people (accidentally till dad stopped them) It was a great New Year celebration. Went back to the same bar as the drummer from Buena Vista Social Club was playing there!!! (Bet you´re jealous now Dad!!!) Stayed for several songs, before dragging ourselves home as early start tomorrow.

Hopefully things are on the up!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb