30th Dec - No loos again


Advertisement
Published: January 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Got into Rio Dulce yesterday not too late, got a bit for late lunch and then waited a while as the heavens opened before we moved. Had a quick wander around, but not much to see, bit of a market. Got the water taxi over to Tijax where we were staying. It was a group of huts, joined together via boardwarks, separate showers and loo :-( Thouhg not as bad as the long drops at Trek Stop. I think if we´d arrived when it was light we may not of been so judgemental, but it was dark, the boardwarks were slippery and I think we just wanted to crash in our little huts (with mosquito nets!) Had dinner and the best mojitos so far (brownie points!!) before retiring a little early to bed.

Got up for a 9.30 leave to go on the livingston boat trip. Our guide politely got his arse out of bed at 11 so we could leave then... We went past the fort, bird island, lily lake, hot springs (awesome!!) stopped off at the Womens Co-op to have a look at when the education was there. They are being trained in tourism and how to bring money into their towns. Was impressive. Got into Livingston and wandered around. Tried Tapado, a stew from fish, shrimp and crab in coconut milk. Was surprisingly nice!! Wandered around the markets a bit, Amy got a lovely dress and then we got the taxi back to Tijax. Shame about the weather, thankfully our trip had been dry, but it started raining as soon as we got back. There was a communal area for us to sit around, drink Mojitos and watch the boats go by!!!

Off to Antigua tomorrow for New Year!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0762s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb