Recovering from scare


Advertisement
Published: January 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Broken windowBroken windowBroken window

The morning after before we go to the garage to fix the window
I am not traveling per say that much. Mostly spending time with Mimi and going to her nail salon.

The first thing we needed to do is go to a friend's of Mimi's auto body shop to have the glass replaced. We first drove to the salon to get the Trooper. Then I followed Mimi from the salon to the auto body shop in the Trooper while she drove the Aveo Chevrolet. On the way there some dick head braked to heard with broken brake lights just while Mimi was looking back to see if I was still behind her. She avoided just in time hitting the car ahead of her by turning to the right hard almost flipping the car. We made it to the auto body shop alive and then left to go back to the salon. On the way we decided to stop and grab a bite to eat at a Subway restaurant.

After eating in the same shopping plaza as the restaurant I bought a pair of sandles and went into the PriceSmart (aka CostCo or ClubPrice) to look at security camera systems for her nail salon. There was one there that we liked and
Security system for nail salonSecurity system for nail salonSecurity system for nail salon

Security system we are considering for nail salon
will get and install soon. We then proceeded to the salon and basically spent the rest of the day there. Suzy Mimi's friend that owns the auto body shop came to deliver the car in the afternoon. Mimi expected that we could leave early and explore the city but clients kept coming in. Around 5pm when her last client left she went to pickup her daughter Lissy. I had not met her in person yet and I had a gift to give her (neckless and earings) which she loved very much. Lissy has a nail salon as well and she came with her nails not finished so Mimi finished her Lissy's nails.

We then went shopping to a clothing store all three of us. But once there I noticed that I could not find the car keys and was worried about where I may have left them. So I asked Mimi to come with me very quickly to the salon (because I didn't know the way) to get the keys and come right back. We told Lissy we would be right back. Went to the nail salon in 5 minutes, found the keys on the back seat of the Trooper parked in the salon garage then raced back to the clothing store where we left Lissy. When we got there Lissy was gone. After what happened the night before all sorts of things were going through Mimi's head. Lissy was not answering her phone. Mimi was scared out of her mind and crying. She called her ex-husband (whom Lissy lives with) to find out if she went home. At first even Mimi's ex-husband didn't know what was going on.

We later found out that Lissy got upset because we had left her there alone, called her boyfriend to come bring her home. Mimi's cell phone's battery was dead so Lissy could not reach her. I had Mimi's second cell phone but Lissy didn't have that number although I had programmed her number to call her just in case. After learning that Lissy was ok at her home we went to get some groceries and went home. It seems that almost everyday we get some kind of bad luck event. Hope this is the last one!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb