Getting ready ........


Advertisement
Published: October 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

stage one


OK - it's 4 weeks today and the pace is hotting up. We're two-thirds of the way through our jabs, booked the flight to Guatemala, arranged an hotel in Antigua for the first couple of nights, looked at Spanish language schools (apparently there are over 75 - no, we haven't looked at all of them) and have a list of things to do before we go. At the moment, the list seems to get longer each day, which is not quite as intended, but over the years we've learned that, by the time we actually board the aircraft, mostly we'll have done the important stuff and the rest isn't worth worrying about anyway. We're going to travel light, aiming to supplement what we'll need as it gets hotter / colder / drier / wetter etc as we go along. It's a little unreal at the moment, but becoming more real as each day passes. So, we know we'll be in Antigua until late December, and then spend Christmas at El Remate, close to the Mayan ruins of Tikal. After that, we may spend time around Rio Dulce and / or Lake Atitlan before heading off to to look at volcanoes in Honduras.

Advertisement



28th October 2010

This time in a month...
...wow. Like the map mary & bob!
5th November 2010

Room in Your Suitcase
What a grandly ambitious plan! Are you sure I couldn't fit into one of your suticases---am realtively small. Assuming that will not work, we are counting on you to be our eyes and ears on this fabulous adventure. We await your take on these parts of the world. Vaya con Dios. Carole (& Doug)

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb