Antigua - Regrouping


Advertisement
Published: November 6th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Foot maintenanceFoot maintenanceFoot maintenance

"Ooh! That's nice"
SC writes....So here we are in Antigua having waved off our touring companions.

Surrounded by three more volcanoes, Antigua is "impossibly cute" to quote Lonely Planet. Cobbled streets, low colonial buildings that give nothing away on the out side but usually reveal beautiful interiors and gardens within. Our hotel is one such building and we will be very comfortable here. It is only 10 minutes from the centre of town but the streets are VERY quite at night and we have been advised to take a taxi when returning to base after evening meals !! Security is clearly an issue.

So what does regrouping involve? A) Getting 20 lbs of laundry done at the local lavanderia. That's what you get after about 18 days travel. All good.B) Finding a place to get Cathy's back pack repaired as it is falling apart under the weight of books an puchases.... Mission accomplished with the help of the tourist office who directed us to a local seamstress.C) Getting a foot massage and luxury pedicure - Cj that is, but I might go for a haircut and beard trim tomorrow. Cathy's 45 minute appontment actually took 2 hours but she loved it. When I turned up to meet Cj at 19:00 the shop was locked with her inside! Another indication of security concerns after dark...
Anyway we've had a good look around and booked a place for dinner tonight which looks fab. Also found the local artisanal market and did just a little more shopping! This afternoon we are relaxing.... More soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Craft MarketCraft Market
Craft Market

Yet more shopping - it is hard to resist
Smallest cafe ever?Smallest cafe ever?
Smallest cafe ever?

At the market this cafe has just one table and two chairs. You can see all of it here.
At the bag repair shopAt the bag repair shop
At the bag repair shop

Local lass charged £1.50 to repair ripped backpack
Typical courtard cafeTypical courtard cafe
Typical courtard cafe

Looks nothing from the steet but inside wonderful


7th November 2018

Washing
I expect the clothes are non iron. I must be good to just chill out and sleep in. Antigua looks great along with the weather
7th November 2018

Non-iron?!
Pen, Our clothes would undoubtedly look better for ironing, but what the heck! They get crushed in suitcases anyway.

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb