Boca Chica Beach, Dominican Republic


Advertisement
Published: September 25th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Sexy Dominicana on the beachSexy Dominicana on the beachSexy Dominicana on the beach

Boca Chica is a great place to people watch while enjoying a few Ice Cold Presidentes!
Boca Chica is the closest beach town to the capital city of Santo Domingo.Boca Chica Beach is about 30 minutes away and is a great beach to hang out at all day. The water is clear and extremely calm as Boca Chica beach is a natural lagoon. Kids can play in the water all day long without lifeguards as the water is calm and shallow.

The East end of the beach features lots of bars and restaurants right on the beach, while the western end is more for locals that will rent a table under an umbrella and order their food and drink from strolling vendors. Speaking of vendors, people will try and sell you everything under the sun in Boca. Some find it annoying but some like the local flavor. From beach towels and beach toys, to fresh seafood, to cocunuts. People will also offer to braid your hair, do temporary tatoos, give you a massage, a manicure or pedicure and there are even strolling musicians offering to serenadeyou.

On a busy day in Boca, you will see people dancing, swimming, drinking, playing baseball and volleyball. Riding banana boats and pedal boats as well as sunbathing and just chilling out.
Dominicana on Boca Chica BeachDominicana on Boca Chica BeachDominicana on Boca Chica Beach

Dominicans enjoying their day at Boca Chica beach.
The list of WIFI hotspots in Boca is growing with places liek Hotel El Caucho having wifi at their bar a short walk from the west end of the beach. Playa Vista has wifi at their bar which is right on the beach! I look forward to taking the "gua gua" from Santo Domingo to Boca Chica for about 30 pesos or $1 USD and sitting at the Playa Vista Bar to do some "work!

A few years back we posted a Boca Chica Video titled "A Day At The Beach" this was a fun video montage that showed a typical day on Boca Chica Beach. We have since added a few more videos of Boca Chica to our site and plan on adding even more in the near future. One of the first "shoots" I want to do with my new CVS Pharmacy "danger cam" will be to actually get into the water and shoot some footage, and even shoot from the back of a banana boat. We plan on using our "danger cam" for shooting any scenes that would be too dangerous or difficult with our Sony Cameras. At only $30 USD the CVS single use camcorders are very expendable!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Hotel El Caucho swimming poolHotel El Caucho swimming pool
Hotel El Caucho swimming pool

Nice swimming pool at El Caucho. El Caucho plans to expand their wifi coverage to the pool area!


Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0775s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb