Deep Sea Fishing Trip (long boat ride)


Advertisement
Published: June 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Fishing June 2 DR 078Fishing June 2 DR 078Fishing June 2 DR 078

The chef did a great job!
Another great adventure in paradise! Decided to take a deep sea fishing excursion with my Swiss friends Yvonne, Michael and Patrick and American pal Isiah! We met at a place next to the Jelly Fish around 9:30am and ordered some take out breakfast sandwhichs to go and we were onboard and heading out to sea around 10:15am. We bargined the price down to $300 for the four hour excursion. There were five of us so it came out to $60 each...good deal! Nice weather but the ocean was rough and choppy with 5-7 foot sweels. Unfortunately Michael got sick(most of the day, poor guy) but he was the only one. Plenty of drinks to go around and our Captain Eddie and First Mate George were very accomodating. I keep telling everyone the fish were at church and we would be lucky to catch anything. I guess I jinxed us. Because the ONE and ONLY fish caught was by Patrick and it was a Baracuda! There was some debate as to rather or not baracuda were edible but the Captain said it was but he himself did not like it. Didnt matter. Patrick was gonna fry that damn fish one way or another. We made land around 2:15pm. Michael and I took my scooter back to each our houses and the other three walked the beach back to Stanza Mare. Patrick took the fish down to Sharkeys (my complex restuarant) and asked if the cook would prepare it? And they were only happy to! So the fish was cooked on the grill served with some rice and salad. And low and behold it was pretty dang good! Plenty of pictures to enjoy have fun!


Additional photos below
Photos: 72, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb