Trinidad


Advertisement
Cuba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Cuba
February 19th 2019
Published: February 19th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Another Collectivo taxi and another town about 3hrs including a stop.
A UNESCO site the city was a wealthy slave trading centre and hub of sugar production. The wealthy traders built fine homes and mansions together with colourful houses lining cobblestone streets that have barely changed since the colonial era. Plenty of restaurants and bars and we are having rum far too many times during the day......which can make walking on the cobblestones a bit of a challenge. This is more like what we were expecting of Cuba really, glad we made time to visit this town.
Our Casa is slightly up the hill and on her top floor you can sit out on the balcony and watch the sun set. Next door is a rooftop restaurant and next to that there’s another one and they both get busy around sunset....and they both have live music..... I can only presume that whilst you’re in one restaurant you can only hear the band from there....and not both bands like we can a combination of Sax, guitars, bongos, singers, flutes ....and then the restaurant from opposite starts with someone on an electronic violin and keyboard as well! .....our host couldn’t understand why we didn’t want to eat up on the top floor and insisted that the music was fantastico...we didn’t dare argue with her and ate on the top floor....the band’s even had a break at the same time for goodness sake!!
It has a very similar feel to some of the towns we visited in Columbia but with much less churches!





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0772s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb