Playa Larga


Advertisement
Cuba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Cuba
February 19th 2019
Published: February 19th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Early start as the Collectivo was picking us up at 8am to take us to our next place Plays Llarga for a bit of sea and sand. We shared with two young girls from Switzerland who both had huge cases each and we were amazed that the driver actually got our two and theirs in the boot....good job ours were not as big. This is the longest journey of our trip about 4 ½ hrs in total and we had to swap taxis on the outskirts of Havana but we arrived in good time taken to the door of our Casa and had an afternoon on the beach!.
Playa Larga sits at the top most point of the Bay of Pigs famed for the 1961 invasion by the CIA in trying to topple Castro it also the start of a vast park of swampland where huge flocks of flamingos gather. It’s not peak flamingo time so we decided to take a tour of the other side of the park with a guy called Mario who was a marvel with his calling recordings at getting the various birds to come to us. He also took us to a cave which was only about 8ft.high and the roof of the cave was completed covered in bats... quite an experience being so close!
Back to the beach for a few hours.... plenty of beds out side the bars, they don’t seem to even expect you to buy a drink in payment for the beds. No jet skis, no speed boats no hawkers......Sunset cocktails.....need I say any more!





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb