Onto Trinidad


Advertisement
Cuba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Cuba » Centro » Trinidad
February 26th 2013
Published: August 4th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Breakfast at Dady's was pretty good. The usual Cuban breakfast included an egg omlette and some meat or fruit. At Dady's we had omelette with plates of bread, cheese, ham, coffee and fresh juice.







As majority of us wanted to go to Playa Ancon Tony arranged for Ricardo to drive us there on the bus and come back for us later that afternoon. We just paid a few $CUC each to cover it.







My first time in the Caribbean Ocean – just a little bit excited. The beach was really pretty, the water a nice colour and my favourite part – warm enough for someone wimpy like me to swim in. We set ourselves up on the beach and spent the day swimming, reading, tanning, burning etc. There was a bar on the beach making cocktails and other drinks. We also bough 'Beach Pizza” from someone walking around selling it. Overall it was a really nice relaxing day. Today's lesson was don't be stingy with sunscreen and buy a big bottle. I ended up very red and very blotchy. That's going to be once sexy tan once the even sexier spotted lobster look subsides.







Rocco, Alana and I had arranged to have dinner at our Casa tonight. Breakfast at your Casa will usually be around $4CUC and dinner between $8CUC and $10CUC. They will also generally ask you what you want. Whatever it is they will try and get it for you. Most common would be between pork and fish, but they generally also accommodate Prawns, Lobster and Chicken. We asked for Pork and so had the normal Cuban Spread of Plantain, Rice and Beans and Pork. Dady also made an amazing Pumpkin soup which she says she likes to do to veer away from the normal Cuban food. It was a really nice meal.







Following dinner we returned to Casa De La Musica. Last night it was free but tonight had to pay $1CUC. However its totally worth it. We stated here till it started to die down then followed the crowd to Club Ayala aka the Cave. As the Cave name may suggest Ayala is a nightclub within a Cave. Its very unique and shows up all those other 'underground' clubs around the world. Ayala is truly underground deep within a Cave. Highly, highly recommended. Both locals and tourist go there. Entry is $3CUC and included a cocktail (Mojito, Cuba Libre etc). You come in and then go down a flight of stairs to get deeper into the cave and then it opens up to a nightclub. Other places around the world would charge a small fortune for entry. Music is a good mix of Cuban/latino tracks and other well known artists such Rihanna and Pitbull. There was a few random surprises in there such as the old school 'lets twist again' song. There was also these guys that come and do a performance – really weird but really entertaining. They did a bit of a dance and all these flips and things then did things like eating glass, lying on glass, lifting tables with their teeth etc. Its like one of those things – bit painful to watch but you can't look away. They then pulled out a girl from the audience, blind folded her, sat her on the table, put a snake around her neck then lifted the table with their teeth and spun it around. We had a great night and stayed till about 2 in the morning. Every time we'd say 'VAMOS' to Tony another good song would come on and he couldn't stop dancing. This place is honestly like nothing else and you need to go see it. It does get very warm inside however so dress accordingly. Jeans were not a good idea.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb