Hike to Waterfall


Advertisement
Costa Rica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Costa Rica
February 15th 2016
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 9.15446, -83.7423

f''d d
Last year when we were in Uvita, it was during the Easter season and the waterfall was very crowded and so we skipped it and just walked the road above it enjoying the many birds we saw. This year we decided to hike to the waterfall and check it out.

Got a late start, 8:30 am and it was hot and humid walking on the road. The sun comes up fast and then is quite brutal so early morning hikes are the best! We got the the waterfall and took a break and ordered a mixed fruit smoothie that was so very delicious. Sat near the edge of the eating area and cooled down.

The cost to enter the waterfall is 1000 colones per person. Paid our fee and set off down the path to the waterfall. There are two separate areas to the r, a large pool and then further up the waterfall itself. Not a very large one but the area is shaded and quite cool after the hot and humid walk up.

Sat and watched as some guys actually slid down the waterfall. The area where the water drops over the edge has carved its path out of rock and so it is smooth surface down to the pool below. The person would position themselves at the top of the waterfall and wiggle themselves until off they went! Not sure could do that!

Visited with a young man where who just happened to be from San Gerardo de Rivas. He was amazed we knew where it was. Back up to the top and head on up the road to where the creek crosses under the road. Last year Robert found a toucan nest; this year no such luck but cooled down again and had a snack before heading back down to town.

Cooled down with shower and short nap, then black beans and salad and another nap and then to the store to store to get some tofu to make a stir fry. Funny incident in the kitchen. We were both going to chop up vegetables and I had gotten the chopping block out of the dish drain. There was a young French boy that evidently was going to start on his family's dinner and needed the chopping board. Tried to take it away from "sgt uppity" but failed!

We made a delicious stir fry and visited with a guy from Chile. End of the cutting board story. The mother of the young French boy did come over to see who would not give her son the chopping board and we were indeed using it! Happens sometimes in the communal kitchen.

Because it was hot and humid still, headed to the ac in our room, chilled and called it an early evening.



Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.228s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0774s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb