The G String Cowboys at Dome in Uvita


Advertisement
Costa Rica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Costa Rica
February 13th 2016
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 9.15446, -83.7423

arrive in Uvita and go to Dome to see G String Cowboys along with Los Geckos and Stan from Cleveland

Up early to do the final packing in the cool of the morning and get the bags up the stairs for our 7:30 am shuttle pickup to Uvita. We were picked up at 7:35 and were the 2nd couple picked up and glad we were second because by the time we left Quepos/Manual Antonio the shuttle was full including the three jump seats in the back and one girl riding middle seat in the front!

There were no stops between Quepos and Uvita and so we made good time. We were the first to be let out and were greeted by Betta and Tra and got our bags brought to the commons area. The room was not yet ready but we knew we were early so had a very nice breakfast and some of the free "all day" coffee.

Got settled in our room and then walked to the store to buy some supplies. Did not buy out the entire store! Came back and fixed a late lunch snack and then rested before setting off to find the Dome where the G-String Cowboys were playing.

Tra gave us directions on how to find The Dome and we set off. Luckily, the sun was to our backs and was behind the treeline! We had to walk on the side of the road but traffic was not too bad and we got there and got a front row seat. Band was still setting up. There were going to be two bands and an additional singer, Stan from Cleveland. Said hello to Shorty, Ken and Tim before heading to our seats.

G-String Cowboys were the first to play and of course we enjoyed all of the songs. Stanley Davis, a singer from Cleveland joined them for a couple of songs. Evidently he comes to Costa Rica every year and plays with different groups. Has a band in Cleveland and does a lot of Motown music. Was very enjoyable listening to him sing with them.

The second group was a local group, Los Geckos, playing reggae music. Evidently were as popular with locals as the G-String Cowboys and were nice to listen to as well. Stanley Davis got up and sang some numbers with them as well.

The G-String Cowboys played another set and we left after it was over and headed back to El Tucan after a very enjoyable evening.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb