Tambor Adventure Shuttle to Birds Watching Quepos


Advertisement
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 9.45, -84.15

/

Got everything packed up the day before and the morning we left after going and enjoying the sunrise from the upper area. Eduardo was on time, loaded the luggage and we were off! We met him last year when we stayed in Tambor at his family's cabinas. He has a shuttle/tour business and we decided to go with him since we did not stay in Tambor this year. (http://www.tamboradventure.com/transfers.html)

Had a very pleasant discussion about how the family business is doing and what his hopes and plans are for the coming year. Discussed the United States election year politics and he is very informed; more so than many US citizens I believe.

Got to the ferry landing early enough we were able to roll our luggage to the front staircase so it will be easier to roll off on the other side. Tickets for the ferry ride were 810 colones each which makes for a great bargain!

The ferry ride was pleasant as usual but the ferry did something we have never seen before. After leaving the shore at Paquera until just before landing at Puntarenas, we were traveling wibeth the rear of the boat facing forward and just before we landed, the boat was turned around!

Bus ride from Puntarenas to Quepos

We were able to get off the ferry fairly quickly and found a taxi to take us over to the bus terminal. He was a very nice gentleman and showed us where the bus was and made sure we knew where to go and buy tickets. The cost of the bus ride was 2400 colones each. The ferry lands at Puntarenas a little after 10:00 a.m. and the bus leaves for Quepos at or about 11:00 a.m. The bus does make several stops along the way and so you arrive in Quepos around 2:15 to 2:30 depending on the number of stops made along the way.

We had to wait for about 15 minutes before we could get our things loaded underneath and get on the bus. You are given a seat number on your ticket and there were some young men in our seats. Told them they were in our seats and they were amazed there were seat numbers. There was a large group of young men from Massachusetts and they were part of this group and so several of them had to change seats.

Got to Quepos and let Thierry know we had arrived and he came and picked us up. Was kind enough to stop at the Pali and let us get a few supplies at the store before heading up to Birds Watching. Just as nice as Nature Lovers but does not have the nice side balcony or huge tree but sure it will be just as nice.

Sat outside and had a cold beer and then fixed nachos for dinner before calling it an early evening.



Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Bus from Puntarenas to QueposBus from Puntarenas to Quepos
Bus from Puntarenas to Quepos

ticket office for bus to Quepos


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0629s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb