Egret Rookery, End of Puerto Jimenez fun


Advertisement
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 8.53622, -83.3051

We headed out in the kayaks for Playa Preciosa. High tide had been at 6:44 and we had about 2 to 3 hours before we would be in trouble because of the tide. We got as far as Playa Preciosa and stopped to check out the other side.

When we headed back to our kayaks, we saw some large guided groups coming into the mouth of the Rio Plantanares. Decided it might not be too much fun with that many people in the manglar as the tide was moving out so headed back to the Lodge.

Did some more research and finally decided our best option was to take the 9 am. bus to San Gerardo de Rivas and spend two nights there before catching our flight home. This is always a great stop and does break up the trip back to San Jose.

Got ourselves almost all the way packed, and headed to our final dinner at Il Giardino. Saw Vlad and Lena on the beach and invited them to have a drink with us. They are also leaving in the morning. Came and had several drinks with us and we did a lot of laughing as we had dinner and then back to room and off to bed.



Additional photos below
Photos: 47, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb