From the beach to the mountain


Advertisement
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 9.37, -83.71

Finished our packing, fixed some food for the road and got to the bus station early. The bus driver was a very nice gentleman, let us on the bus early and suggested we sit in the seats by the back door. You have more leg room and there is no one sitting in front of you.

The ride was uneventful as far as being problematic. The ride takes from the beach and up and over the mountains that run down the country. It is curvy, windy and fairly slow traveling. We did stop for a short break and then the final leg into San Isidro de General.

Once we got there we found a taxi and headed up to San Gerardo de Rivas. The road has been greatly improved in the last year. It is mostly paved and so we made very good time and got to Roca Dura and they had a room for us. Got settled in and took a short nap and then wandered over to the shop next door and had a coffee in their new coffee bar that looks out over the hillside behind their place and Roca Dura. Nice.

Had an interesting evening with Luis and some of the locals. Immersion spanish is always a great way to refresh your understanding of the language. A storm had blown in and the rain was coming down and it got quite cool. Of course we were able to get to our room without getting wet. Nice evening.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0281s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb