Exploring Uvita With Costa Rica Craig


Advertisement
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 9.15446, -83.7423

We had invited Craig to come join us in Uvita and he arrived on Wednesday and we took off to explore after he had checked into his room. Marianna had told us of an alternative way to get into the park where they sometimes do not have anyone there taking admission.

Walked out and checked out the beach, Il Sabor which was not open until evening and was quite pricey. When we walked back we discovered a mangrove black hawk in a nest with two fuzzy babies. Watched them for awhile waiting for the cook at the place next door to arrive. Did not arrive and ate elsewhere.

Back to our place where we looked back through the pictures we had taken. Craig had great picture of mother with a mouse in her beak back at the nest.

The next day went back and checked out the black hawk nest and watched them for awhile. Took the road up past the waterfall and down the road toward Rancho Pacifica. Robert spotted a violaceous trogan checking out a hole in a tree. Sat and waited to see if it would return but did not.

Did our packing for our onward journey to Puerto Jimenez tomorrow and peeled and boiled the shrimp we had bought and fixed a large "clean out the refrigerator" salad to go along with them.
Sat at bar, looked at bird pictures, visited and called it an early evening because 8:30 shuttle pickup.



Additional photos below
Photos: 50, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb