Uvita


Advertisement
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 9.15446, -83.7423

Had everything 95% packed yesterday and finished the last bit today and Robert carried the bags up the stairs and then we rolled them down to a shade tree to wait for Sierpe Shuttle. As usual, the shuttle arrived right on time. We had gotten a little worried because we had not heard back from Alex and hoped he was still going to pick us up. Alex was not the driver but the man who drove us was quite competent.

There was another guy with us in the van and was planning on going to Drake without reservations on Easter weekend! Wished him luck as we arrived in Uvita at Traveler's Rest. Our room was not ready but we put our bags down and rode to the beach to check out the layout of the area. Elizabeth, one of the owners, was our driver and was filling us in on all sorts of information. She talked about the problems with the snatch and grab thieves that are operating in the National Park. She checked to make sure none of the people going to the beach had their passport with them. The community is trying to take steps to make it safer there.

Because it was Easter weekend (Semana Santa) here, both of the BM stores were packed and there were outside vendors as well. We had decided to walk to the BM store across the bridge and that was a little scary experience but we got plenty of supplies.

Decided to have dinner at Traveler's Rest and the portions were huge and very nice. Visited with Marianna who was working at the desk and is really enthusiastic about what Costa Rica has to offer. Randy an expat who lives up the hill came in for a few drinks and of course gave the expat view of a few things. Elizabeth and her husband and others have a band they have just started and were having a practice session and so we have entertainment for the evening.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0235s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb