Montezuma Nights, More live music Montezuma


Advertisement
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 9.66303, -85.0671

Based on the sketchy notes I make on a daily basis until I can write it into my journal, this was a fairly low key day. We went and picked up our laundry and then came back to Luna Llena and fixed a nice potato egg dish with a fruit salad along side it.

Spent some time working on our travel stories and then it was time to think about something to eat. In the evening it gets progressively hotter in the kitchen as the sun begins to set baking the roof of the kitchen. Then when the sun goes down, the lights in the kitchen add to the heat. As the saying goes, any excuse will do, this is as good a reason as any for why "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!"

So, went down into town and had dinner at the Montezuma restaurant. This is a favorite place of ours to eat because of the wonderful view and breeze you usually experience. They have nice food as well and the people who work there are very friendly and give you good service. Our waiter was one of the ones who served us last year and he even remembered Laura had been in a cast and asked how the leg was!

After dinner, walked down the street to see what was happening around town. The band from Cabuya was playing at Organico and we decided to go listen to them. They were much more low key than they had been on Thursday. It was just the couple playing with the drummer as their backup. Really do enjoy watching him play!

After they finished playing, came and visited with us and others. They have a song about Sixto Rodriquez who the documentary "Searching for Sugerman" is about. He was an American musician who did not receive attention in the United States but was very popular in South Africa during the apartheid regime. The story is about two fans attempt to find out what had happened to him. The couple Katherine and Jeff were having a movie night at their house in Cabuya and invited us to attend. Getting back to Montezuma is the big sticking point for us. Headed back up the hill for one last cooling off drink.




Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0254s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb